Dosage and Administration :
- Administered as an intravenous bolus injection.
- Over approximately 5 minutes or by intravenous infusion over
- approximately 15-30 minutes with compatible infusion (50-200 ml) fluid.
- Pneumonia, UTI, Gynaecological infections, skin and soft tissue infection 500 mg 8 hourly.
- Nosocomial Pneumonia, Peritonitis, adult febrile neutropenia,
- Septicemia : 1 gm every 8 hours. • Meningitis : 2 gm every 8 hours.
- Over 3 months and up to 12 years of age 10-20 mg / kg 1 body weight every 8 hours, Meningitis : 40 mg / kg body weight every 8 hours. • Children over 50 kg. Adult Dose.
- Safety is not established in infants under 3 Months of age.
- Pregnancy & Lactation : Safety is not established.
- Elderly : Safe for elderly with normal renal function.